Jobs for the boys? On the run-up to the big day and on the days itself, here is a rundown of things your groomsmen can do to ensure the groom looks like he knows what he’s doing!
Make the groom’s day more stress-free, with a set of tasks to help the happy couple out!
- Plan the stag do
- Attend all pre-wedding and post-wedding functions
- Take tons and tons of wedding photos!
- Pay for your wedding suit
- Help calm the groom’s nerves on the morning of the wedding
- Mind all the wedding cards and any gifts on the day
- Usher guests to seats before the wedding ceremony
- Dance with a bridesmaid at the traditional opening dance
- Buy the groom an amazing memorable gift!
- Organise all the transport to and from the wedding
- Bring any additional decorations to the wedding venue
- Know the venue well, so that you can answer any questions
- Ensure all guests have transport to the wedding venue
- Give the venue and the celebrant there payment/tips
- Return the grooms rental suit (if it’s a rental)
- Obtain very large umbrellas for any unforeseen weather
- Obtain a list from the groom of family members that need personal escorts to their seats, or have any special requirements
- Help with car parking
Perks of the job: Free food and Drink!
What’s the downside of being a groomsman?
Answering all questions that the extended family does not wish to ask the happy couple- brush up on your knowledge of the wedding venue and ceremony!
Are you looking for the perfect wedding venue in Dublin?
Thomas Prior Hall is the place you are looking for. Located in Ballsbridge Thomas Prior Hall offer a wide range of wedding packages together with the experience of Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge.
Attend one of our wedding showcases at Thomas Prior Hall to have look around and get a taste our cuisine.