Ultimate Groomsmen Checklist List
Jobs for the boys? On the run up to the big day and on the days itself, here is a run down of things your groomsmen can do to ensure the groom looks like he knows what he’s doing!
Make the groom’s day more stress free, with a set of tasks to help the happy couple out!
There are the few obvious ones:
- Plan the stag do
- Attend all pre-wedding and post wedding functions
- Take tons and tons of wedding photos!
- Pay for your wedding suit
- Help calm the grooms nerves on the morning of the wedding
- Mind all the wedding cards and any gifts on the day
- Usher guests to seats before wedding ceremony
- Dance with bridesmaid at the traditional opening dance
- Buy the groom an amazing memorable gift!
Things that you might not have realised that Groomsmen do:
- Organise all the transport to and from the wedding
- Bring any additional decorations to the wedding venue
- Know the venue well, so that you can answer any questions
- Ensure all guests have transport to the wedding venue
- Give the venue and the celebrant there payment/tips
- Return the grooms rental suit (if it’s a rental)
- Obtain very large umbrellas for any unforeseen weather
- Obtain a list from the groom of family members that need personal escorts to their seats, or have any special requirements
- Help with car parking
Perks of the job: Free food and Drink!
Down side: Answering all questions that the extended family do not wish to ask the happy couple- brush up on your knowledge of the wedding venue and ceremony!